01 January 2015

New Year, New Beginnings

Whoops. 

It's been more than a year since I last wrote here. 

That was unintentional. 

I struggled for a while with the right words to express my fears and concerns last fall. The writing had been on the wall for a while, and what I feared was the worst thing happened, but then turned out to be the very best thing to happen. And during that tough time, I was so focused on getting through that I just didnt have the words. 

And then, because life is a magical roller coaster, I was so busy enjoying the ride that I didn't have the time. I caught myself mentally composing stories, but never when I could sit and write them out. 

So, here it is, a little more than a year later, and so much has changed. All for the better, which means I now have some time to come back and start sharing my stories again. 

I'm sure over the coming weeks and months, I'll share more of the details of the amazing roller coaster ride of 2014, but in the meantime, here's the cliff notes version:

I was laid off as a direct result of the government shutdowns in fall of 2013. I started a new, challenging career in a completely unrelated field and just celebrated one full year with a great employer. It has been a challenge for sure, but also just a fresh breath of air. I didn't realize how much I needed that change until it happened.

I also, most importantly, married the love of my life. And we brought a home together in our beloved Chicago. We also said farewell to a few loved ones over the last year. It has been a whirlwind roller coaster ride. And I'm amazed at how grand life really is, even with all its ups and downs.

More stories to come as I settle back into this space, but for now, this newlywed wishes you all a very Happy New Year full of happy new beginnings!!

No comments: