27 August 2013

Maybe Someday


 How many times have we all said it?

"Yes, maybe someday...."

When talking about vacations, or personal goals, or finances, or family plans, or well, quite frankly, anything?

"Yes, maybe someday...."

It's a phrase that has always sat wrong within my wildly impatient, adventurous heart. Always.


I've grown more patient as I've gotten older. I understand the need for time....to ensure finances are set, to polish that dream, to complete all the steps needed. 

But at the same time, I've become more aware that someday isn't promised to us. Someday may never come. And, honestly, sometimes you have to start right now in order to get to that someday. 

My still fairly impatient, adventurous heart has grown tired of the "maybe somedays..."


Why am I waiting? 

Especially on the things that need no waiting on?

So, this summer has been the start of chasing dreams. Big and small. And just making it happen. 

We talked about maybe going to see my brother this summer, at his summer job at the zoo. It's a three hour drive there, and another three hours home. We kept talking about it, but life kept getting in the way. And finally, I just said, "we're going on Saturday..." and we hopped in the car, and off we went. It was a long day, but a great day. And now I'll never regret it. 

We've both heard of Tall Ships for years. And when it came across my desk this year, I mentioned it to Joe. He said, "I've always wanted to do this..." so we made it happen. Will we ever do it again? Maybe not, but we'll never regret going. 

I've talked about a fitness goal of mine for years every now and again. (I'll share just what later when I'm ready.) And in my heart of hearts, I had a specific location in mind for that goal as well. So one night, while I was laid up with strep and fevers, I realized that there was no reason for "maybe someday," and I went and signed myself up. Much to the surprise of everyone around me. And my friends, I already know, I won't regret this a bit. 


But the funny thing is, the more I look at the "maybe somedays," the more I realize how many of those can be started today. And I've found myself putting more wheels in motion. Setting down more foundations for future dreams. 

And it's exciting to see. 

So what are you waiting for? Go chase those "maybe somedays!" 

No comments: