08 April 2013

On Who I Am Today

I am in a state of transition. 

I am more than okay with this. 

I have spent the last few years focusing internally.
Finding peace within myself. 
Finding who I am . 
And discovering who I want to be. 
The difference between who I was, 
who I am, 
and 
who I will be. 

This year,
there's a lot more focus on bigger changes. 
It's not easy. 
There's plenty of self-doubt. 
Questions about what's to come. 
What will be. 
Will it be what I want?
But on the other hand, 
I'm SO ready for this. 
Whatever this
may be. 

I've learned that 
setting intentions really does work. 
Our home, 
our friendships,
 our community today.
All came about because of intentions 
we purposely set in writing, 
last spring before we moved. 
We wrote them down. 
They were guiding principles. 
It may have taken different forms than anticipated. 
It may have taken longer in some cases. 
It wasn't always intentionally sought out. 
But every one of those intentions
has become a reality today. 

So I've been inspired. 
Been daydreaming. 
Asking myself the hard,
harder, 
and 
hardest questions. 
The "what ifs" 
and "maybe somedays" 
and "worst-case" scenarios. 
And soon, 
I'll sit down 
and write out 
some more intentions . 
For myself. 
For this year. 
For the next five years. 
For the rest of my life. 

I am amazed. 

I have such a rich, loving life. 

A great man to love. 
A family who is always there. 
(Even when they drive me crazy,
they're always there to lean on.)
Amazing friends. 
The kind who make me believe
anything is possible. 
I could pull down the stars 
and wear them around my neck, 
if that's what I wanted.
Because my friends are the greatest cheerleaders.




No comments: