27 February 2013
24 February 2013
I've been knocked out this week with an incredible, nonstop cold/virus. It started out as a chest cold, morphed into a sinus cold, and now some kind of throat infection (official lab results are still pending) that is nasty enough that the doctor gave me pain pills in addition to the antibiotics. Needless to say, I've spent most of my time on the couch, sleeping, or occasionally eating some ice cream to soothe my throat. Joe, on the other hand, has been supportive but continuing in his daily routines.
The following conversation just happened three minutes ago. Clearly, I need to work on being a more supportive girlfriend....
Joe: are you eating ice cream while I do yoga?
KtMac: yes. And it was good.
Joe: seriously? While I do yoga?
KtMac: I didn't say anything. I just ate it. You're the one who noticed.
KtMac: it was delicious, but you have moral superiority, which I imagine tastes just as good or better.
Joe: it does.
14 February 2013
13 February 2013
08 February 2013
- The fact that Chicago finally has a bit of snow.
- The few happy little Valentine's decorations I've put out around the apartment.
- Our new foam mattress pad. Haven't sleep so sweetly in a long, long time.
- Finally being in the habit of making our bed daily.
- Love letters. Ones I've written. Ones I've received. Ones I've encouraged others to write.
- Sweet little gestures....like the fact that he always, without complaint, plans his schedule to play chauffeur to me.
- Good friends. Old and new. Near and far.
- Neighbors who drink with you in their pjs.
- Having a pizza delivered just because on a snowy night.
- Electric blankets.
- Dedicating a small portion of each paycheck to amassing a collection of smartwool socks to keep my toes warm.
- Extra sweet snuggles.
- The fact he plans his hobbies to maximize cuddle time with me.
- That I not only kept my Christmas cactus alive for a whole year, but that it's now beautifully blooming again.
- How close I am to crossing off a life goal.
- Playing games with my brother via our smartphones.
- Taking five minutes daily to write in my Gratitude journal. Such a great smartphone app.
- Having great books to read while snuggled under those electric blankets.