14 January 2013

My Current Obsessions


- These mountains. Southern Albania. The coldest night of my life. But so many happy memories tied to the sight of these mountains. We recently found a print copy of this image and man, the joy it invokes. It's currently propped up in the office while I determine whether it would transfer nicely to canvas or not. 

- Apple wraps for a snack. A fresh tortilla smeared with honey goat cheese, topped with thinly sliced apples and just a little drizzle of honey. And now I want another one.

- The jazz station on Pandora. I've gotten back into having music on often throughout the day, but the jazz station is quickly becoming my absolute favorite - great when I need to concentrate on my work and great when I want to unwind while reading at the end of the day. Anyone have any great recommendations I should check out?

- The electric blanket. Dude, Chicago just got its first real cold snap of the winter - the windchill was 2* this morning, and since we're paying for heat ourselves this year, the electric blanket it is for this perpetually chilly girl.

- Yoga. It's not pretty or particularly dignified, but Joe and I have started doing yoga together in the living room. It'll take me ages to look anywhere near awesome while doing it, but I'm already feeling small improvements since we've started. It's rapidly becoming my favorite part of the day (even when I'm hating it).

- Cleaning, organizing, purging. Standard desire for clean and order in the beginning of the year. The nice thing is, this year is much easier than in years past. Joe has been extremely helpful, we've been diligent in purging year-round this past year, and we've picked up a few clean routines that make things a little easier - such as the person not cooking dinner does a quick pre-dinner pick-up.

- Trying new recipes. I've averaged at least three new recipes a week so far this year. Yes, the year is still young, but this isn't a new habit.

- Reading. I cannot stop lately. In the Shadow of the Banyan, The Snow Child, and Perla are all recent reads that I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.  Highly recommend all three. And desperately looking for more truly great recommendations. 


No comments: