05 June 2012

Writer's Block


This is tricky.

I have so many stories I want to share.

I just can't figure out whether to start at the beginning and tell the story in a roughly chronological order, or just dive in and tell whatever story comes to mind as it pops up.

Readers, please weigh in?

To be fair, I have given the highlights of my hearing story before.

Maybe that's a good starting point.

Thoughts?

I've sat here for several hours, writing and deleting, writing and deleting, and I don't know where to go. This must be writer's block. So much to say, just not sure how or where to start sharing.

3 comments:

Mb said...

If it were me, I'd try to quiet my mind and then let the stories come to me in the order they want to. It would make sense to grow chronologically, but there's something organic about stream-of-consciounsess.

Zelde said...

I like reading things in a chronological order but I don't mind mixed up stories either. You could write them in whatever order they come out and then create a page or post somewhere where you link them up chronologically to get the best of both worlds.

KT Mac said...

Thanks ladies. Solid advice. I think instead of trying to force out some stories right away, I'll take some time, write them as they come to mind, and then try to post in a chronological order. And eventually put up a basic page with the posts.