26 June 2012

A Good Day

Today. 

This last day of my twenty-seventh year. 

Today was a good day. 

A good day to end a good year. 

A good haircut. 

A good mani-pedi.

A good time spent with a newborn boy. 

A good ice cream cone with sprinkles to end the day. 

A good end to a good year. 

And I can't quite put into words how calm and excited allmixedupatonce I am about finally turning twenty-eight. 

It's been a magical number in my mind for quite a few years now. 

Not quite sure why. 

Can't quite put my finger on it. 

But I know, just know,

Down deep in my bones,

Twenty-eight is going to be an amazing year. 

Not good, not great. 

Amazing. 

And magical. 

And powerful. 

Just know it!

3 comments:

recreatingmyworld said...

Happy birthday! Sending you so many good wishes for the year ahead. May it be a year full of growth and blessing. May it be a year even more magical and amazing than you can begin to imagine.

Mb said...

I think so too, girl. Have a beautiful birthday!

Sam | ashore said...

I love the way birthdays mark a new beginning - like New Years Day just for you. It's like anything is possible.