15 May 2012

A Time and Reason

As I've admitted lately, I've been struggling.

And I probably will for a while longer still.

It's not an outwardly struggle. It's not me against the world. It is an internal struggle. A tale as old as time. It's me defining me, who I am, what I want, and how I want to get there.

And that takes time.

Great things aren't rushed. I am, and need to treat myself as, a work of art. We all do. Works of art share something of ourselves to the world that we treasure to be treasured by others. How often, in every day life, do we really remember to treasure ourselves?

Not often enough.

Not at all.

But I'm working on it.


And fortunately today, I had not one, not two, but three wonderful friends who all, in their own way, reminded me there's a time for everything.

Everything has its own reason.

And while I may be ready to start moving foward again after the pause of the last year or so, well, reason may not be ready for me to move on just yet.

The timing will work out when the reasoning is right.

That's a powerful reminder.

One I so dearly needed to hear today.

Such a good reminder to such an impatient girl to be patient. Everything happens in its own time.

And even better, I realized what treasures I have in my friends. I may not be able to reach out and hug them all every day. The miles seperate us too far for that.

But they don't let the miles matter.

I'm so glad I have such treasures in my life. And I have some great plans with all three of them this coming year, which warms my heart.

And I have beautiful memories of moments like the one pictured above in Albania, where, when I was patient and let the world work the way it should, life turned out beautiful.

No comments: