14 March 2012

KtMac Today

I've been feeling so overwhelmingly inspired by the lessons and classmates in Susannah Conway's Blogging from the Heart class. Along with some incredible schemes with an amazing friend slowly, finally, coming to fruition. But maybe too much so. I have so many thoughts and ideas and inspiration and stories all swirling around my head that my heart doesn't know where to start. 

So this evening, as I was reading a classmate's lovely post about a childhood realization, I came across The Scintilla Project. The Scintilla Project will send me a series of prompts to help me write over the next two weeks, and I'm already appreciating the help in focusing all my ideas.

Today's prompt is quite simply, a return to the beginning. Who are you? Come out from behind that curtain and show yourself. 



I'm KtMac. I'm more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it, but my love Joe often ignores me and takes my picture anyway. I'm learning to just go with it. I'm the one who always carries my camera, a back-up memory card, a bottle of water, and my journal in my purse. My favorite color is yellow, the color of sunshine and happiness. I believe in the flirtatious power of a great wink, or, if you're like me and can't wink, a great pair of sunglasses. 


There's almost always a smile on my face, accompanied by a giant dimple on my left cheek. That smile always gets bigger when Joe is around and is being his usual naughty self (which is often). Which also means I giggle, a lot. I adore dangly earrings. Both because they're awesome, and because they help keep my hearing aid on. Silver is almost always the preferred metal. And these days, I never leave home without lipstick or a stack of bangles, each of which have a sentimental meaning.  


After several years of a long-distance relationship, Joe and I have spent the last two years making our home in sweet, sweet home Chicago. I spend my free time, when not annoying cuddling Joe, reading, taking photographs, learning to sew, scheming, exploring this city of ours, and trying to really capture the magic of a Chicago sunset. It's a happy life. 

4 comments:

Miriam said...

Beautiful post and nice "meeting" you!

KT Mac said...

Thank you Miriam! It's nice to "meet" you too!

Vanessa said...

You sound like someone I would love to meet! :) Love the post! Your zest for life shines through and you sound like a sunshiny person! No wonder you like yellow! :)

KT Mac said...

Thank you, Vanessa! It's so nice to "meet" you too. :)