19 March 2012

It's the Simple Things in Life

I am a simple soul. When we get down to it, it really is the simple, little moments I love best. Today's Scintilla Project prompt asks: What does your everyday look like? Describe the scene of your happiest moment of every day.

It's simple. It is one of the best things of a reader falling in love with another reader. 

It's the moment when the day is done. All chores and worries can be laid to rest. All the ups and downs melt away. We can relax, finally. 

And we climb into bed to read. Sometimes we're a little silly and laugh before we settle into our respective reading. Sometimes we're tired and we get a page or two before we fall asleep. I tend to fall asleep book still in hand.....Joe's better about getting up, putting the book away, and turning out the lights. Sometimes we snuggle just so, other times we hold hands, and just last night found me reading on my stomach, flopped over Joe's legs. (Yes, yes....) And while we get lost in our own worlds, it's a treasure to feel cozy warm under soft sheets and hearing each other breathe in and out while we get lost in our books. 

I remember how excited I was the first time we read side-by-side before going to sleep. I never dared hope for a man who loved to read as much as I do. And since that first night, it's been one of my favorite moments of the day. We've done it no matter where we are....Chicago, D.C., Albania. Such a simple pleasure has become such a treasure to me. 

 In Albania.

 In Albania. 

In Chicago. 

No comments: