03 November 2011

Thoughts on Gratitude

These thoughts are swirling around my head these days. Bumping past each other, colliding, spiraling off into new tangents.



And what I've realized is so simple, but yet, somehow, so profound. 

I am happiest when I have wonder and gratitude actively living in my daily life. 


For you see, for me, wonder and gratitude go hand-in-hand. 

When I wonder with amazement at the small things in my life, I find myself overwhelmed with gratitude to be lucky enough to be here, right now, right here, right in this moment to experience that small wonder.


And when the gratitude and wonder bubble out, my happy heart is full to bursting. I find contentment and peace in that moment. And in peace, I find happiness.

Which makes me pause. 


Why is it so easy for the every day to become so mundane?

Why is it so easy to forget the magic of these little moments?

Why is it so hard to always remember to be grateful for life and its little surprises?

Why don't I live life this way all the time?


So now, I am. I am trying to be mindful of the little things and the happiness they bring me. Of the moments where my heart is so full, I think it will just burst. And of how happy those moments make me when they turn into memories. 

And I tell you, my friends, my little heart finds itself full-to-bursting so easily these days. Life really is magical.

No comments: