02 August 2011

KtMac Confessions: Gilmore Girls

I found the entire first season of Gilmore Girls on DVD at the local White Elephant shop over the weekend for $5. I resisted the urge to squeal and ignored Joe's eye roll and treated myself to the set. 

I've never seen the complete series. Maybe someday I will. But just the same, this show holds a little sweet spot in my heart. 

The show came out while I was in high school, and for some reason, despite the eight year age difference between us, my brother Pat and I used to curl up on the couch every week and watch it. He'd probably kill me if he knew I was revealing that so publicly, but on the other hand, sweetheart he is, he'd probably smile at the memory. It was "our" time and "our" show. And without fail, if there was a new episode on, we were on the couch together. 

I tried to keep up with the show when I went away to college, but it felt weird somehow to watch without Pat. So I don't know if I'll ever watch the complete series, but I'll always smile anytime I think of the show. 

No comments: