08 June 2011

Wednesday Wisdom: Chin Up, Buttercup!

Oooh, I was in a mood this morning.

It's crazy hot outside and we don't have air conditioning. I woke up sticky with a mild headache. Then the headache began roaring when my work computer refused to start up. Several hours later, it was discovered my hard drive has crashed. 

Work is formatting a new hard drive and sending it to me, but the earliest I'll get it is Saturday, and I have an abbreviated work schedule next week. So I had to spend some time with colleagues scheming work I could do on my personal computer while the work one is down. 

And to top it all off, pain medications are currently forbidden to me for medical reasons. Oooh, it was so good that Joe had left for school early this morning. 

So I vented to a friend online, and her advice?

"Chin up, Buttercup!"

So I've taken advantage of the work I'm doing on my personal laptop and have escaped to the relative cool of the local Starbucks where I've treated myself to a caramel frappacino (with whipped cream!) and some eye candy via pictures from Scotland. 


Chin up, buttercup indeed! The day is already turning around. 

3 comments:

Mb said...

which lens did you shoot this with? lovely!

KT Mac said...

Thanks Mb! Believe it or not, 90% of my pictures were shot with the kit lens. There's definitely a few pictures worthy of posting on our walls -- the problem will be deciding which ones to frame!

Mb said...

The kit lens? No WAY!?!?! Impressive. It really soaked up the green without a polarizer.