03 May 2011

Pet Peeves and Other Thoughts Swirling Around in My Head

- Stand by your word. Your word is the one thing no one and nothing can take from you. If you say you're going to do something, do it. If you say you're going to do something, and you don't do it, I have every right to feel like I cannot rely on you.


- The happiest people are the ones with the best attitude, about everything. If you can find the sunny side in even the worst situation, you're going to be alright.

- Even if you wholeheartedly disagree with my opinion, it does not give you the right to belittle me or my opinion. Especially if I have enough respect for you and your opinion to ask you to explain why you feel differently in hopes of learning more - about the topic, about you, about my own opinions. Such blatant disrespect stings all the more when we all know I have the education, training, and real-world experience to make an educated opinion on that particular topic.


- Eleanor Roosevelt was absolutely correct when she said something like "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent," but somedays, it's an awful hard struggle.

- I really do try my best to remember we are all human and that at one point in our lives, we were just babies in our mother's arms, especially when I'm struggling with not judging someone for living their life differently than I do. Because the truth of the matter is, as long as you are happy and are not causing harm to others, it's none of my concern how you live your life.


- It really is the simplest joys that warm your heart the most. For me, the list includes: an ice cream cone with sprinkles, bringing a smile to my Grandma's face, extra early morning snuggles, pulling on that favorite shirt, looking at freshly polished fingernails, brotherly bear hugs, laughter, and the joy of fresh flowers.

- Empathy, dignity, and respect make the world go around.  But being a soft-hearted badass really helps too.


- Be on time. I get it if occasionally you're late, but if you're consistently late, you're rude, selfish and immature. The consistent lateness is because you think you're more important than anyone else, and in my opinion, is a character flaw.

- Planning adventures with someone who likes random adventures as much as I do makes the thrill of anticipating those adventures all the more delicious.

2 comments:

Hails said...

I could not agree more with the "lateness" pet peeve.
If anything will make me judge someone, it's whether or not they are on time (or even better, early.)

KT Mac said...

Exactly. And I judge all the harder when it's someone who is in my inner circle.