05 April 2011

Let's Hear It for the Boy

Let's be honestly mushy for a moment. 

Not a day goes by now where I don't take a minute to be amazed that I not only love and am loved by this amazing man, but I also find myself amazed that every single day, I find myself falling even more in love with him.

Then I smile and shake my head in disbelief. How is it that I've gotten so lucky?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

He is my biggest champion. Always encouraging and supporting me, even with the most ridiculous, hare-brained schemes. 

He always keeps a dollar or two in a specially reserved pocket to hand out as needed to those not as lucky. 

He keeps me company in the gym and encourages the late night runs to the Dairy Queen. 

He works hard on his schoolwork, even though he's brilliant and doesn't need to work quite that hard to get such great grades. 

He's incredibly socially conscious. He gives and gives of himself to make this world a slightly better place. 

He laughs at the silliest things until I'm not sure if I'm laughing with him or at the sound of his laughter. 

He carefully considers every decision beforehand. But he has no problem taking some awfully big gambles and being confident that he'll win in the end. 

He's made it clear, time and time again, he'll always be there for me. 

He buys me flowers, much more often than I share. 

He dreams big, works hard, and somehow has made those dreams he's chased come true every single time. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It's hardly a comprehensive list. In fact, it barely scratches the surface. But suffice it to say, I really, really am one lucky girl. 

No comments: