22 March 2011

KtMac Confessions: A Little Play Never Hurt Anyone

For some reason today, I was energetic to the point of frenzy.

I was wide awake at 5 am. No real reason. 

I finally gave up on sleep at 6 am and started work early. 

Which meant I finished work super early today. And Joe is home, sleeping in late and lounging on the couch and otherwise enjoying his spring break. 

So I proposed a little play date. 

We headed up to Rogers' Park to see the $5 matinée of The Adjustment Bureau. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it soon. It's almost as mind-blowingly good as Inception. And then as a follow-up to the sloth and gluttony of a mid-afternoon, mid-week, movie theater popcorn binge, we spent some time at the gym. 

Amazing just how little time it takes for me to remember how good I feel after a good workout. I still can't believe I keep fighting the fact that I like working out. And that some days, I *need* the workouts. 

But our little impromptu date was exactly what the doctor ordered on this dreary Tuesday in March.  

And now, 11 pm, and I'm still awake. Time to crawl into bed and read for a bit. 

No comments: