09 December 2010

Last Minute Mad Men

A few weeks ago, Joe and I attended a Mad Men theme party.  At the last minute.  Joe had been waffling all week about attending the party and decided at lunchtime the day of that we'd go for a while.  Which meant I had only a few hours between work and party to pull together a Mad Men themed outfit for both of us.  And neither of us watch the show.  

How'd I do?
Excuse the terrible camera phone picture.

I think I pulled it off.  Sheath dress stolen from my "work clothes" closet.  Jacket, homemade and thrifted.  Gloves, vintage from Grandma.  Silver clutch (not pictured), also vintage Grandma.  

Joe wore a black suit with a white button down and a skinny tie I found in the same shop as my jacket.  

We walked in and the host immediately yelled, "Now THAT's what I was talking about!!" when I pulled off my jacket.  Interestingly enough, the guys did a better job of dressing up than the girls did.  Probably because it's a hell of a lot easier to just find a skinny tie and slick your hair back.  And then we drank and were merry and corrupted poor, confused exchange students with all our sexist comments all night long.  

2 comments:

Mb said...

Aw cutie! If i could have given you access to my closet i would have. i was doing Mad Men work attire before AMC. i digg this.

KT Mac said...

Thanks lovely lady! I knew if I was in DC, I'd have been raiding your stylish closet!