15 November 2010

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

Last week, I stepped out of my comfort zone.  I'm proud of myself for doing so. 

At a delicious little Algerian creperie, I met three other lovely ladies for the beginnings of a book club.  Somehow, after hours flew by, in between the laughter and stories and pictures of adorable puppies, I realized this is the beginning of a great book club.  Even if books are barely mentioned.  

We'll be meeting a couple of times a month in different locations around the city.  All three girls have lived in Chicago much, much longer than me.  So their knowledge of fairs and festivals and cozy cafes and delicious drinks will expand my Chicago knowledge beyond my lovely little neighborhood.  

I'm so excited!  And already looking forward to meeting up with these girls again. 

No comments: