07 September 2010

KtMac Confessions: An Urge to Run

There's a chill in the air.

Well, to be more precise, there's huge wind gusts in the air.  There's a weather advisory today saying the wind is gusting up to 42 mph.  It's insane, even for the Windy City. 

But you know what I mean.

Summer is fading fast.  The days just don't get quite as hot anymore.  Nights are deliciously cool in that oh-so-perfect for sleeping way.  Soon the green will trade in for brilliant hues for one last party before winter starts. 

And I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I love it.  I love the crispness.  I love the feeling of renewal and settling in.  I love the flavors of the food and drinks. 

But as much as I love autumn, I have to admit, it stirs up an almost unbearable restlessness in me. 

And no one is ever more surprised than me.  Even though it happens every year. 

I can't bear the thought of being inside.  I want to walk for miles and miles, no matter how long it may take me.  Hell, there are days I even want to run.  And I don't run, ever.  

I like curling up with a good book and a cozy blanket, but at some point, all I want to do is get outside and move

I don't know why I feel this way, but you best be believing that when the working day is done, I'll be heading out the door for a good long walk.  (And maybe to treat myself to a pumpkin spice latte....)

No comments: