* Grad parties are exhausting. Doing all your own food for the grad party? Even more exhausting.
* Spent two days prepping for the party, one day cleaning up, and two days recovering. But my bro deserved the acolades and celebration.
* Also, I was thrilled with some of the unsolicited bear hugs I got from my bros' friends. Even if it took me a minute or two afterwards to figure out who the hell they were. Why do they grow so damn tall?
* At my middle bro's grad party, the award for most awkward moment goes to when a guy my parents went to high school with and whose kids I babysat kissed me goodbye, on the lips. Traumatic memory.
* At this grad party, the award for most awkward moment goes to my Aunt for asking me, as I cuddled and cooed over my cousin's new baby boy, if I was now bursting with lust to have a baby of my own. How do you gracefully say, "oh hell no, I'm not interested, I have things to accomplish first, I'm okay with cuddling and cooing over sleepy babies but want to give them back when they make noise or smell, I want to be married, and just because we're the same age doesn't mean either of us should be having babies"? And how do you say that without offense?
* All the party prep translated into very, very low-key birthdays for my Dad and I. Truthfully, I was okay with that -- all I really wanted anyway was to be with my family.
* But tonight, belated celebratory swirly margaritas with my favorite ladies! So excited!
* Most importantly, 3 WEEKS!!!!
* Kisses in 3 WEEKS!!!!! Eh, everything else no longer matters.