13 July 2010

Random Love Letters

Dear Mama Mac ~ 
Thank you for such a great last girls' weekend in D.C.  I love that we can laugh and laugh no matter what we're doing.  I'm so very glad we're the best of friends.  And I love that we now have "Segsy legs" from our sunset adventures on the Mall.  I can't wait to see you again soon!
Love, 
Your one and only KtMac

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dear Nightly Thunderstorms ~
I adore you and your awesome, fierce beauty.  I adore doing nothing more than just laying back and watching you light up the sky.  Thank you for the seductive shows that lure me to sleep.  I sleep so well the nights you show up.  
Love, 
KtMac

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dear New Boss at Work ~
I really am so excited to join your team.  I'm looking forward to the new challenges and new colleagues.  I'm also thrilled to be working with you.  I have a great feeling about our partnership.  
Best,
KtMac

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dear Colleagues ~
Thank you for making it so easy to avoid grocery shopping.  I really do appreciate all the farewell lunches this week, even if my waistline is now expanding instead of shrinking.  I will miss you (sometimes at least!) and I have enjoyed working with you these last few years. 
Best, 
KtMac

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dear D.C. Friends~
You helped me make a life in this city.  You helped me thrive instead of survive in a place where I knew nothing and no one.  You've made me laugh, dance, drink all night, share secrets, keep secrets, scheme, see the world, and learn that there truly are awesome people in the world who care about you just because you're you (and not because of what you can do for them).  Thank you all.  I'm going to miss you madly.  But, you know you have an open door and an open invite to visit....always, no matter where in the world I am. 
Love, 
KtMac

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dear Chicago ~
Your siren call just keeps growing louder and louder.  I daydream about you.  Hell, I dream about you.  We are going to have so many wonderful memories together.  Can't wait to be yours soon. 
Love, 
KtMac

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dear Joe ~
We're on the final countdown!  We're down to counting on our fingers.  And that makes me randomly burst into giggles throughout the day.  If my colleagues didn't know how close it was to your return, I'm sure they'd all think I'm nuts.  But the truth is, I am nuts, about you.  We've had some wonderful memories, and we're going to make so many more.  Our future is golden.  And I can't wait! 
Love, 
Your KtMac

No comments: