02 July 2010

Dreams and Schemes and Life-Changing Things

Some hearts
They just get all the right breaks
Some hearts have the stars on their side
Some hearts
They just have it so easy
Some hearts just get lucky sometimes
Some hearts just get lucky, lucky sometimes

It's true, you know. 

Even now, now that it is definitely a reality, I can't believe I really am this lucky.  My Love and I really do have the stars on our side.

Remember how I've hinted a time or two about big changes coming my way?  Of course, if you know me in real life, you already know just what I was hinting at.  But the time is right, finally, to announce those changes to the universe.

June was a planning, praying, preparing month.  July is a life-changing month.

My Love comes home from the Peace Corps in Albania at the end of July.  Home to me, in D.C.

One week later we are moving. 

Oh yes

We are moving home to our favorite city. 


And really?  I couldn't be more thrilled.  Down to the tippy tip of my toes thrilled.  Wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-with-a-big-ole'-grin-thrilled.  Thrilled, I tell ya.


Yes, it is a huge move. 

Yes, it will change my life.

Yes, I have complete faith that it will only change my life for the better.


And really, it makes all the stress and loneliness and tears and settling for Skype dates and dreaming and hoping and wishing of the past few years worth it. 

The reason, the timing, and the ability to move have all perfectly collided, making several dreams come true all at once.


My Love is coming home. 

We're moving in together.

We'll be living in the greatest American city.

My Love will be pursuing his MBA at a great school in this greatest city. 

My Love will receive an amazing deal on his top-notch education.

I have new career challenges, but I also get to keep my job. 

The far-reaching abilities of modern technology is a powerful thing.  Telecommuting has made all this possible.


And so many things require so many thank yous to everyone who has helped make this all possible, who are supporting us, and will continue supporting us.  Thank you.  From the very bottom of my bursting-full-of-happiness heart.  Thank you


It really is true, isn't it?

Some hearts
They just get all the right breaks
Some hearts have the stars on their side
Some hearts
They just have it so easy
Some hearts just get lucky sometimes
Some hearts just get lucky, lucky sometimes

No comments: