* Did you know the BBC offers free online language classes for beginners? I'm signing myself up for French to see if I can get back on track with learning French after I gave up two summers ago.
* Did you know that you can actually touch Mars? I was going to write a post about this the other day before work took over my life. At the Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History, there is a tiny exhibit that lets you reach in and touch a little piece of a Mars rock. A friend and I wandered the museum on Sunday, and that was probably my favorite part.
* Did you know that once you leave the U.S. and Western Europe, the odds of encountering a squat toilet increase exponentially? For girls, this takes more than a little getting used to. Some tips and tricks are good to know in advance, but the more you use one, the more likely it is you will find a technique that is your own no-fail method.
* Did you know that while the Love Canal may have been the basis for starting the Superfund, there are still plenty of toxic sites in the U.S.?
* Did you know D.C. made the top ten list of least wasteful cities in the U.S.?
* And, did you know that the best, cheapest seafood risotto you'll ever have in your life is in a tiny village on the shores of the Adriatic in Albania? True story -- I still dream about that risotto.