03 January 2010

A Toast

2009 started off grumpily for me.  I wasn't optimistic about the year.  I had no plans other than just surviving the year. However, 2009 ended up being a fantastic year.  I had a lot of unplanned adventures, and I would not trade them in for anything.  Some were sweet, some were fun, and more than a few were just absurd.  I was going to do a blog post about the more absurd things I experienced in 2009, but I'm not a fan of spending a lot of time looking backwards, so instead, you get what just might have been the most absurd KtMac moment of 2009:

Drinking beer with a one-eyed owl in Albania.

As fantastic as 2009 ended up being for me, I have a feeling that 2010 is my year.  I can't explain it.  I just feel it in my bones -- this is my year.  I have so many things to be excited about this year.  Since so many of them are still in the works, and I'm a wee bit superstitious, I won't share all my hopes and plans just yet.  But no matter what, 2010 is going to be a fantastic year.  How could it not be after it started like this?

Ringing in 2010 NYC-style.

After such an awesome start to the year, of course I'm excited for what all else the year is going to bring.  And most importantly, it means this is the year My Love comes home, finally, for good.  That alone means 2010 will be fantastic.  So, to share my excitement for 2010 with you all, here's a toast:

Here's hoping that this new year brings y'all lots of love, luck, and laughter.

No comments: