07 November 2009

That's Why

" I know there's a reason
And I know there's a rhyme..."


Truth is, not a day goes by I don't miss My Love.
But work, and life, and Skype, and distractions usually help keep me focused.
After all, we're way past the half-way point.
He'll be home sooner than when he left.
I'll be there soon.
But in the back of my mind,
Are all the mornings I wake up alone.
And come home to an empty house.
It's bearable.
Because I know just how very much we love each other.
I can deal.
With all the nonsense of long-distance love.
After all the years I thought long-distance love was a joke.
Because now I know the truth.
The right love.
The right man.
Makes it all worthwhile.
Most days.
I can put one foot in front of the other.
Make it through the day somehow.
Cross off another day on the calendar.
And live my life without My Love.
But sometimes.
In just a whisper of a moment.
It all comes flooding in.
And I realize just how very much I miss him.
And that no matter how much I distract myself,
It's still an empty bed.
And time can't move fast enough.
And these are the days.
That are the hardest to bear.
But, even in all the glasses of wine.
And tears.
And empty pillows.
I know, deep down inside.
He'll be home soon.
And then, my world will be right.
And this will all have been worth it.



It's all worth it.



"...We were meant to be together
That's why..."

No comments: