16 November 2009

Off-Kilter


Ever have one of those days?

The kind where you don't feel sick, but you don't feel right?

That was me yesterday.  No matter what I did, I just could not really wake up for the life of me.  Everything I did just sapped my energy.  I made breakfast and then crawled back into bed for two hours.  I wasn't tired enough to sleep sleep, but I was too tired to keep my eyes open long enough to watch an episode of It's Always Sunny.  I finally dragged myself out of bed long enough to shower, and then napped for an hour.  Ridiculous.

So I finally got up and forced myself to go for a long walk.  And if that long walk happened to involve trying just about everything on the sales racks at Macys, so be it.  Because it kept me out of my bed, and it gave me better insight into what now fits and doesn't.  I did good - I bought a new sweaterdress and a replacement pair of jeans - and otherwise avoided temptation in the name of new dress pants for work and sexy dresses for nothing other than sexiness.

But I still felt off-kilter. 

And today?  I'm conscious.  I'm working hard at work (hey, I earned this ten minute blogging break!).  But I feel like I have an off-kilter hangover almost.  So bizarre.  Anyone else ever have this problem.

No comments: