15 October 2009

More Randoms


*  Wow.  Apparently you really can wean yourself off sugar.  Three chocolate chip cookies later, I found myself in a sugar coma.

*  Interesting: I picked up several types of squash at the grocery store the other night in an attempt to make myself feel better about missing Michigan so much right now.  The label on the squash says "Michigan."  More specifically, the name of a town right next to where I went to college.  That did not ease my homesickness.

*  Part of my soul shriveled up and died a little inside this week when I realized that I was excited about finding the Holy Grail of reference documents for a work project.  And died a little more when I realized it really is the Holy Grail of reference documents.

* I dream of the day when I am not in the office before the sun rises.  That day will come.  I know it.  But I have no idea if I'll be awake then.

* I am running on fumes this week.  It is my own fault for burning the candle at both ends.  I went to bed early last night in hopes of getting 8 hours of sleep.  Great plan until 2 am, where I then woke up every hour on the hour until my alarm went off at 5 am.  Grumble.

*  When my alarm went off at 5 am, I was in that twilight area of sleep - not quite consicious, not fully asleep - and managed to startle myself, when I shouted out loud, "What the f*&%?!  It's only THURSDAY!"  Sigh.  Damn Thursday.

* Got my flu shot today.  Yergh.  Just the regular ole' flu shot.  I got mono twice in a year and a half.  It's only been a year since the last recurrence.  Really?! Only a year? I'm not taking any chances.





*  When I was heating up my lunch, I discovered that I forgot to pack a fork.  A quick inspection of my work bag yielded a set of chopsticks.  (I dunno...)  Turns out, it was perfect for my chicken teriakyi.   Go figure.

*  I need a good massage.  Seriously.

2 comments:

Shareece said...

Your random posts always make my day! Thanks! :o)

KT Mac said...

That's why they keep making it into the regular rotation!