20 September 2009

Random Observations

Because I'm boring as all get out lately, and really don't have anything amusing enough to be its own post......(hey, at least  I'm honest!)



*  Ben Franklin LIED when he said "early to bed, early to rise....makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."  Lied I tell ya!


*  On a completely related note....my body is cruel.  Wide awake at odd hours through the weekend?  *yawn*  Not cool.  Not cool at all.


*  The best part about getting a work badge renewed this week?  Not the security of knowing I still have (and will continue to have) a job in these scary economic times.  Naw.  I'm narcisstic enough to be thrilled to have gotten rid of the awful, horrible-hair-do-I-look-like-I-want-to-cry ID photo...and even more thrilled that the replacement photo is actually kind of cute.


*  On my way home from work the other day, when I was just a MeSS - the whole horrid hair, wrinkled clothes, too many bags, and general rainy day commute frustration - some guy still gave me a salute and a wink.  And sadly, my first thought was, "dude needs glasses."


*  Grandma turned 81 this weekend.  81!  Man, oh man, I hope when I'm her age, I'm every bit as fiesty still.  I love my Grandma.  


*  I am a fan of a firm handshake.  In fact, I judge people with wimpy, fishy handshakes.  But bonecrusher handshakes are not cool.  Not cool at all.  Owww.  My hand still hurts.


Factory Girl - the movie about Edie Sedgewick - was depressing, but actually, surprisingly, captivated my full attention.  I can't help but wonder what her life was like....and simultaneously thank God my life is not that eventful.


*  I am having a really hard time these days being away from everyone I love.  Must be why I keep planning vacations, and weekend get-aways, and presents to make someone smile, and trying to figure out the best use of the maximum number of vacation days, and bugging my favorites to come visit me....


*  Hot chocolate with w-h-i-p-p-e-d-c-r-e-a-m on top just might be the best nightcap ever.  Seriously. 


*  Funny thing is, I just can't help but get up and DANCE like a fool when certain songs come on.  And the way you love life and the music and the movement and that perfect moment....I never want that moment to end.....even when I'm breathless and tired of all the movement.  Isn't there a way to capture that joy and bottle it up and open it and enjoy it every.single.day?


For no reason other than it makes me laugh every time I see it.

*  I keep thinking of, and rejecting, Halloween costumes.  Anyone have any good suggestions?


I love this puppy!  I want one!! 


*  Have a great week, my friends!  Enjoy the last teases of summer and the start of fabulous fall.

2 comments:

Shareece said...

Again, I love your randomness and the puppy is the cutest thing ever!!! :o)

KT Mac said...

So stinkin' adorable...dare I say it? That puppy is so Tokyo! ;)