Another post in which I blab on about nothing important at all...
* I hate automatic toilets. Seriously. Ever notice how many just magically flush while you're still using it.....only to not flush when it is time to actually flush?
* After a lifetime of growing up on Dannon and Yoplait, Greek yogurt takes a little getting used to. But with the right amount of honey and some fruit to dip into it? Greek yogurt becomes ahhh-mazing.
* I have a confession....shhh....don't tell anyone else: I am guilty of not resetting work microwaves back to the "clock" function after I use the microwave. At home, I am religious about making sure the time shows up again after I'm done. Why a discrepancy? Because I know that it annoys the bejezus out of a few key coworkers....and I'm mature like that.
* I am so thankful that my client does not require me to leave notes on my computer screen every time I step away from my desk. My colleague has to leave notes like, "Helping person A with issue X," "Bathroom," "Coffee break," "Meeting XYZ - back by 2." Ouch.
* Has anyone seen "The Time Traveler's Wife" movie? I've heard mixed reviews about it. Anyone want to go see it with me? Is it worth seeing, or should I just stick to the book and my imagination?
* No gmail, no Facebook, no phone, random access to news sites....I feel like I get cut off from the world at work. Some things I don't mind being cut off from....like Johnny's play-by-play of his boring work day on Facebook. But I dislike not having a phone number people can easily reach me at for emergencies. And I hate not having gmail.
* In the absence of distractions during downtimes, Wikipedia's "Random Article" button has become my saving grace.
* That, or, (big nerd alert here) reading analyses done 35 years ago on current hot button topics. 20-20 hindsight is so amusing.
* As much as I hate to see summer fade into fall...I'm so geeked for autumn. It is my absolute favorite season. Everything is crisp, and fresh, and cozy, and colorful, and smells so good.
* Apparently I have randomly started spelling certain words in the British fashion. I just automatically typed "cozy" as "cosy" and got annoyed when spellcheck gave me grief.
* P.S. - Three weeks back from Tokyo!, and W-a-N-d-E-r-L-u-S-t still is my worst addiction. Earlier this week, I was daydreaming about The Maldives....yesterday, it was Madrid....today, New Zealand's South Island (thankyouverymuch to a friend who posted her vacation pics on Facebook).
* And, why is it whenever I decide to start writing down all the random thoughts that pop into my head, they all pop out of my head? Seriously, cannot remember half the amusing things I really wanted to say in this post.
* So, happy Friday peeps! Enjoy the weekend!
* (And before anyone else says it, I know, I know...I'm a goofball.)