14 July 2009

Finish Line

Mb tagged me the other day with this awesome award:


The rules for this award are fairly straight-forward:

1. Post a funny or sweet keepsake that tells something about you.
2. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers that you think are keepers.
The problem is, I don't read 10 other blogs (yet), and the few readers I do have, don't all have blogs (yet). So, in lieu of passing this award onto 10 other bloggers, I'm challenging you, dear readers, to post a comment and tell me about a funny or sweet keepsake of yours. Because, dear readers, you are ALL keepers to me. So do it.

While I read Mb's story about the best valentine she ever got, I started pondering what treasured keepsake I might blog about. As soon as I walked into my apartment at the end of the day, I knew.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

This little guy has made every single move I've made over the years with me. He's got a lot of love and probably more than a little crusted on dirt, but he still has a place of honor on my shelf.

Just in case you can't quite make out the fine, but important, print at the bottom, here's a close-up:
"Blessed Are They That Overcome."
My great Aunt Emma gave me when I was very young. For a long time, I liked him simply because Aunt Emma gave him to me. Plus, the puppy is cute. But it took many years before I understood the meaning behind this little boy with crutches crossing the finish line. And now, every time I cross a finish line, I think of both this little guy and my great Aunt Emma and smile at all the silent encouragement they have given me over the years.

2 comments:

Mb said...

Oh this is cute. I like it. It definitely defines you.

Kt Mac said...

:-) Trust, the list of possibilities was ridiculously long.