04 May 2009

Macaroons

I woke up this morning at 4:33 from a silly dream.


I dreamt I was in a bakery somewhere with my friend Hurricane, her mom, and her sister. As there always is when those three are together, there was a lot of laughter and chit chatter as we took our time deciding what treats we wanted.


I asked, "What is a macaroon?" (I honestly have no idea.) Hurricane's mom decided that it was unacceptable that I had no clue what a macaroon was, and sat me down for a taste test.


There was a "chewy" macaroon that looked like a badly baked chocolate cake. And Hurricane ordered a "crunchy" macaroon for me to try. It looked like a large frosting-covered oreo.


I woke up because I could feel myself actually chewing. And disappointed to discover that I wasn't really chewing on a "crunchy" macaroon. Silly.


Now, what's a macaroon? And, where's a bakery around here for me try one?

No comments: