- Early morning walks are my favorite. Everything is fresher and calm. It is, for an early bird like me, a great way to start the day. I really should just get into the habit of getting up a little earlier and start my days on the right foot.
- On the flip side, insomnia sucks. I have been back in the good ole' US for three weeks now. This is not jet lag. This is "my body hates me." I try going to bed early because I'm exhausted, and I wake up in the middle of the night. I try ignoring the fact that I'm exhausted and stay up late, and I still wake up in the middle of the night. This is getting old, and fast.
- Related to that...what's up with the crazy dreams?!
- I love the smell of fresh flowers. Especially after the rain. But the smell of earthworms? Not so much.
- Even after almost 3.5 years in this city, I still cannot get used to the fact that people stare at me like I'm from outer space when I dare to smile or say "good morning" in passing. It's cliche because it's true: I miss good ole' Midwestern manners.
- "Movie dates" with My Love are my favorite part of the weekend.
- I am no longer up for "Daughter of the Year." I was so focused on getting Mother's Day cards for all the "Moms" in my life this year that I totally forgot yesterday was my parents' 32nd wedding anniversary. I actually said "Oh CRAP!" when Grandma reminded me yesterday.
- But then again, since it's a family curse, I've been forgiven. You see, among the traits I inherited from my Mom and Grandma are the tendency to need lipstick (or chapstick at minimum) on whenever I leave the house (no matter where I'm going or how I'm dressed) and a predisoposition to forgetfulness. I forgot my parents' anniversary, my Mom forgot to call me right back, so we're both forgiven.
- 32 years. Wow.
- I am hungry. Time to go scavange breakfast.
08 May 2009
6 AM Musings
I walked the long way into work this morning. Mostly because I needed to drop a few things off at the library, but also because it was a nice morning and I needed fresh air after a week straight of rain. (The weather report, unf, calls for more rain through Monday) As I wandered into work, I mused. Some of my random thoughts: