21 April 2009

Almost

Oh peeps. I know I promised many stories of wild adventures through the Balkans. I have them, I promise. After all, any time spent with My Love inevitably produces stories. 2.5 weeks with My Love in the Balkans? You best believe I have stories.

I just have had a hard time sitting down to blog about our Balkans adventures. You see, to blog about them means the vacation is really over, and I just don't want to admit that to myself just yet.

3 days without a shower, 3 countries, 2.5 weeks of 24/7, and 1 one-eyed owl later, I can still say we're head over heels for each other. If we could handle travel through developing countries on buses, I think it's safe to say we can handle just about anything.

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.

When I haven't been at work or teasing My Love about various stories from our trip, I have been slowly culling through our enormous collection of pictures (I had 1300+ on the thumb drive I brought home. My Love still had a few left on his camera when I left.), trying to get them down to a reasonable number that people might be interested in scrolling through online. I've also been jotting down a bunch of one-line reminders to myself of all the things we did, or saw, or said, or heard on this trip. Because, as My Love is quick to point out, I can be Ms. Forgetful, and I don't want to forget a thing.

Since there are too many stories to cutely sum up in one post (no one would ever read such a long post), I'm also working putting the good ones with appropriate pictures, so the stories will be coming over the next few weeks. In the meantime, here's one more teaser picture to keep you coming back for more:

Dubrovnik, Croatia.

1 comment:

Mb said...

You're such a tease!! I look forward to future posts!