08 February 2009

Random Ramblings

* Whenever I move again, I will do anything and everything possible to ensure my next place has a washer and dryer in my apartment. A horrendously expensive laundry room in the basement is no longer sufficient. I'm tired of getting up at 6 am on the weekend to be able to snag enough washers and dryers to do all my laundry at once.


* For some reason yesterday I could not bring myself to try on clothes while I was killing time. It had less to do with the short timeframe, and more to do with the fact that I was intimidated. I have lost enough weight to know new sizes will be necessary - I just can't gauge what those new sizes (and shapes) should be. I am dragging myself back to the store today to try again. I look good, and I deserve to show it off!


* I am counting the days until I get to see My Love again. There are two days on this countdown: one for how many days until I leave, and, because of red eye flights, one for how many days until I actually see My Love. The number is still much too high for my liking. Leaving tomorrow would be better. Leaving today would be best.


* I seriously love Wii Fit. I have so much fun with it, that most of the time, I don't even realize that I have been exercising. Yet, I'm not sure I trust it when it comes to telling me my weight. I love the ridiculously low weight it says I am, I just don't think it's my true weight. Anyone else notice that?


* A dizzy spell last week made me realize that it has been ten years, an entire decade, since I permanently lost my hearing. While it was the worst thing that could have ever happened to me, at the time, it turns out, it was one of the best things to ever happen to me. Since then, I am a true believer that life works out the way it is meant to in the end. Sometimes, it just takes us a little time and distance in order to understand why life worked out that way.


*Winter can end any day now. Seriously. I want to give up my beloved boots and my hated layers and go back to sandals and tank tops.

No comments: