01 September 2008

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

After Thursday's seemingly impossible challenge of opening myself out and holding my heart out in my hand, I didn't think it could get any harder. Yet, since I knew this email I sent was going halfway around the world, to a very different time zone, to someone who most likely was not expecting such an email and would need time to think about all the things I said, I had to put the thoughts and anxieties out of my mind.

I think I did a good job (Mama will have to weigh in on this) of putting my fears of saying the wrong things, or too much too late, or being badly hurt by being so open, out of my mind and enjoying a day of adventures with my Mama.

Then, I got home late Friday night and checked my emails.

For the dear readers interested in my personal life beyond the daily challenges, his reply basically was, "Wow, I didn't realize you felt as strongly as I did. You're right - we have something special, and we should give ourselves, our relationship, a fighting chance."

3 comments:

Mirabelle said...

YAY!

Joe said...

What kind of moron would leave you for a developing country anyway? Sounds like you should let that one get away....

KT Mac said...

Well, turns out, he's just too utterly charming to get rid of....